A fantastic opportunity to join the architecture profession, without the financial burden of the traditional, full time education route.
You would be joining a team of Architects and Technologists within an award winning Architects practice, based in the heart of Dundee.
The preferred candidate will study part time at further education college on a day release basis, working towards a HND. Committed candidates will have the opportunity to move on to university to complete an honours degree, also part time.
Responsibilities for the successful candidates will include:
• Supporting the preparation of building warrant drawings and planning applications.
• Assisting building surveys.
• Attending project/client meetings, which will initially involve taking minutes.
• Assisting with basic office administration tasks.
Nat 5 English or above is the only minimum qualification. Further qualifications will be preferred, but not essential. Candidates without formal qualifications should demonstrate their suitability through their cv, covering letter and supporting information.
• Experience using Word, Outlook & other Office 365 packages. Knowledge of a CAD and graphic design package would be helpful, but not essential.
• Ability to adapt, working independently or as part of a team.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Aptitude to learn and have a strong desire to become a fully qualified Architectural Technologist in the future.
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible.
• Proactive in your approach to learning and working at the same time.
Although the position would suit a school leaver, we would consider candidates already in the further education system or following a different career path.
Candidates should send a covering letter and CV, for the attention of the Practice Manager, to [email protected] by 31st August. The letter and CV should seek to represent your skills and suitability for the role, based on the requirements above. A copy of supporting information demonstrating your skills/interest in graphics, architecture, art, writing etc. would be preferred.
Salary will be dependent on age, but will be at least the appropriate minimum wage level, rather than the national apprentice rate, during the initial year.
Candidates will be paid normally while attending college.
Our current Architectural Technologist Allanah Ogilvie, started this path 5 years ago and is now a fully qualified Architectural Technologist and plays a key role in the practice. The time is right for the practice to start this journey again.