This family home is well suited to suburban and countryside locations. Based on a simple and efficient plan the rooms are located off the large light and airy hall space with the feature staircase providing the focus when you enter the house.
The full height void to the stairwell and upper hallway provides a sense of drama rarely felt in developer housing.
This is a contemporary family home with room sizes and family spaces providing a comfortable living as well as a built-in wow factor. Like all our homes the exterior can be altered and clad to suit the location and surroundings.
At a glance
- 5 Bedrooms (2 en-suite)
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining
- Open Plan Living Room
- Feature Staircase
- Feature Balcony
- Utility Room
- Single Integral Garage
- Ample Storage
- Overall (at widest): 10.8m x 11.7m
- Total Ground Floor Area: 109m²
- Total First Floor Area: 112m²
- Total House Area: 221m²
How it works
Each stage of the process can be broken down to include the following services for a fixed cost;
- Assess house plot for suitability for building. Clients to provide their own house plot, with or without planning approval.
- Discuss needs and choose suitable house from standard types.
- Agree appointment and move forward. Visit site and carry out digital level survey.
- Make basic interior layout changes to house type as required by client.
- Decide exterior finish from suggested options.
- Make formal planning application on Clients behalf.
Cost: £3250 + VAT
- Preparation of detailed building warrant drawings and application.
- Structural engineering of timber kit and non-timber elements such as foundations and lintols.
- SER certificate to accompany building warrant application included.
- SAP calculations and energy information to accompany warrant application.
Cost: £5700 + VAT
Ideal for self-builders, this inspection service provides a CML certificate at the end of the project. The Council of Mortgage Lenders Certificate, sometimes known as an Architects Certificate is a nationally recognised certificate. It can be used if the property is to be sold at a later date (within 6 years). We will inspect your build at key points of the construction to ascertain whether the works have been carried out in accordance with the approved drawings and to a suitable standard.
Please refer to our ‘what’s included’ page for further guidance of inclusions and exclusions.
Cost: Dependant on location and house size
House build costs
Estimating the build cost of a house is a difficult task and there aren’t really any simple ways of doing this. There are so many factors that influence the cost including the location of the site from major towns, ground conditions and slopes and access to services such as gas, electric and sewers.
The simplest way to estimate the build cost is to work on a square metre rate for a standard house on a flat site, with good ground conditions and access to mains sewage and services. Using £1700 per metre square would give you a working budget for your house build, which can then be clarified once you have the preferred plot in place and other factors can be factored in.
As an example, the Borve housetype would cost in the region of £280,000 to build.